Nail Fungus – Infectious and Dangerous

Our bodies host various types of bacteria and fungus which are useful to the body. A nail fungus infection occurs when a rapidly growing fungus gets in under the overhanging edge of the nail and migrates from the edge of the nail to the cuticle. Toenails are affected more often than fingernails. The medical term for nail fungus is onychomycosis. This is an embarrassing problem, which affects around 20 million people all over the world.

The initial symptoms of a nail fungus infection can include brittle nails, a change in nail shape, nail Fungus Clear crumbling, nail discoloration and nail thickening. A fungus infection which initially may appear to be primarily a cosmetic issue can lead to serious health problems if not treated. Fungal infections may cause immune deficiency. The elderly, people with diabetes and people with immune disorders are especially at risk from nail fungus infections.

Not only is toe fungus ugly, it’s also easy to catch, as it thrives in wet environments: people who have nail fungus spread it when they walk barefoot in locker rooms or across carpets, and even as they remove shoes and socks!

So, why treat nail fungus? First of all, it is a chronic contagious infectious disease, which steadily destroys nails and can be passed on to other members of your family. It is a real breeding ground for various other infectious diseases and inflammations. Fungus discharges toxic poisons into the body, and may lead to allergies which may cause bronchial asthma as well as various skin rashes. Neglected, or not fully treated fungal infections, may cause immune deficiency and the infections may penetrate into internal organs through the blood and the lymphatic systems and may lead to oncology disorders.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *